25.4.11

say hi to my four beautiful models!



I picked these girls up from the street. sniff sniff.

No, but really, I have known these girls to be around my area for a long time time now and when time came for the photoshoots, after the model scouting, I narrowed it down to these four ladies . They understood exactly what I was looking for with the photos and I couldn't have asked for better models. They're only just a tender age of 16 and their soft faces really helped with the other photoshoot I did earlier last month. The photos from that shoot will be revealed in the exhibition but I thought I might aswell share these photos (taken freshly just today) to show what I have been upto.

So we all managed to gather up some short clips, which will be transformed magically (hard work and a lot of persevering) into a 3-5 mins movie featuring the t-shirts but it is also to show the content and happy side of life in Maiti Nepal. The friendship they get a chance to make at the hostels and the confidence they get to build with the help of Maiti Nepal.

Secondly, I also thought I'd write out a few words on what the t-shirt designs are about.

There are four designs:

birds flying out freely from a cage with a little help.
Shows Maiti Nepal's attempt in freeing the victims that are trapped in the sex trafficking business. The big 'mommy' bird, for me, represents Anuradha Koirala. Setting the birds free.

two hands holding firmly.
The new relationships the survivors get to make in the hostel, which are filled with trust and love. These two hands also represent the strong bond that we could create and try to stop the business of sex trafficking.

a feminine figure floating up in the air, holding on a bunch of balloons.
This design is basic and simple and requires not a lot of explanation. Idea presented by Laxmi, and later on inspired by the Miss Dior Chérie Perfume ad campaign, this design represents the ultimate freedom and independence of the surviving women. From what I gather, the women at the hostels of Maiti Nepal are given huge amounts of opportunities to learn what they want to learn- sewing, teaching or even yoga! The new developed confidence helps them develop into a new person and fly out of the nest.

two baby birds, freshly hatched, chirping out of their nest.
The whole idea of cracking out of a shell. Similar to the design mentioned above, this design represents a new birth for the women at the hostel. The organisation keeps them save and warm under their care until they are ready to hatch out and face the world.

PS
A big thankyou to Laxmi and her crew back in London for helping me out with a lot of stages in this project! I have been in contact with them often throughout and they have been my 'client' basically since they know so much about Maiti Nepal and have been fundraising for a long time now inroder to raise money for Maiti Nepal.


I HOPE EVERYONE'S HAVING A LOVELY EASTER HOLIDAY, MUCH LOVE.

No comments: