14.4.12

A-morir - PHILLIPS Inspired DIY Sunglasses.


I've been going on and on and on about statement sunglasses for the last few months now and this post is no different! I fell in love with the PHILLIPS shades @ A-morir's online store [link] but at an incredible mind boggling price of $250, I have no choice but to DIY one for myself.

Photobucket
Instead of ordering in floral stones, I went dead cheap and instant with these fake flowers I cheekily nicked from around the house.
Photobucket
I got an old pair of cheap Primark sunglasses and used super glue to stick everything on. I really need to invest in some hot glue gun...
Photobucket
This step requires a lot of patience. Sticking the flowers, layer by layer down was tricky and slightly messy!
Photobucket
After I was happy with the number of layers, I squeezed some extra glue in the middle of the petals.
Photobucket
Once again, I cheekily nicked some beads from my baby sister's necklace making set!
Photobucket
Firmly placed the beads onto the middle of the petals with a mix of dark pinks, light pinks and pearls.
Photobucket
Voila
To be really honest, I'm not too happy with these because from far away, the flowers are way too big and they look like giant popcorn! I'm glad I've made these though so now I'm satisfied and I can move onto ordering some rose cabochons! Excites!

2 comments:

SundaysChild said...

<3 This!!!!!
Put a pic up of you wearing it cabbage!!!!

CHHIMMI DHOLKAR GURUNG said...

i would.. but it looked far too silly on me! im not even exxagerating! lol