22.4.11

the making of the t-shirts


Eventhough I went through a lot of stress and hardworking long hours, I had fun making these t-shirts really. As I've said before, the process of preparing the equipments and dyes takes way longer than the actual printing.

Photobucket

Plain t-shirts no more.

Photobucket

After preparing the screens, preparing the worktable with the t-shirts properly aligned and the correct dyes with the emergency cleaning wipes about, we're finally ready to print.

Lining up the t-shirts.
Photobucket

Lining up the screen onto the t-shirts.
Photobucket

Lining up the dye onto the screen.
Photobucket

Then just swipe the dye.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Even the technician Jenny had to have a go to make sure the pressure was correct.
Photobucket

I realised that a lot of organisation and precision is required. At times, the dye was getting everywhere and got quite messy.

But we got there in the end with 24 t-shirts.
12 Grey ones and 12 White ones.
4 designs.
Small, Medium and Large for each design in both colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just above, I've shown two of my designs.
In all honesty, I do not like them.
I am very strict with what I make and how I make them so I've decided to alter them.
They're too plain at the moment and I feel uncomfortable selling them in this state.
At the moment, I'm busy jazzing them up with collages (and glitter? maybe not.). It's going to be interesting to see what I can come up with! eek.

I shall update more info on what the designs are about very soon.

No comments: