26.3.11

weekend


I'm meeting my models tomorrow!! Yay!!
I am very excited to be meeting them and have a chance to tell them in detail what this project is really about. I've got four young girls with innocent faces and beautiful figures. Unfortunately, I will indeed have to make them look ill and unhealthy as that is what is required for the first set of shots.
I've been doing some live drawings recently cause I want my models to do exactly what I want but inorder to make sure that happens, I really have to be able to sketch out my ideas on paper. (I'm stating the obvious but it's true!)
Being completely hopeless at drawing faces and bodies using just the imagination really doesn't help! So I did some live drawing exercises and now I am a lot more confident at drawing free hand using my imagination.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So i was meant to be in London yesterday looking at a few markets here and there.. the VnA.. but (fml) I got told that we're leaving at 0830. They all left at 0800. Let's not talk about it anymore.

Moving on.

I went around Canterbury instead with my friend who needed to look for locations for her own shoot. So I went along because it was a lovely day and did some photography of my own but the camera screen was so small and in the bright sunlight, I just got put off by it all!

But my friend managed to get this wonderful shot of me in one of the castle/church ruins in Canterbury.

Photobucket

This photo definitely helps me describe how I want the lighting in the shoot for my FMP.

***
I watched Gok Wan's show today and when I say that, I really did watch it religiously one episode after another! All morning! I was getting so inspired by watching Gok work his magic! He is so talented and some of the stuff he did, I was gob smacked! The best thing is that I can totally relate to his styling exercises because we do it in uni aswell!

Oh Gok my new God.

Photobucket

***

No comments: